Sandra's Chili Con Carne
This was the perfect treat for a cold winter's day!
- 2 lbs Ground beef
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- Garlic Clove (or powder to taste)
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 Cans Tomato Sauce **
- 2 Cans Chopped Tomatoes **
- ** or any combination
- 2 Cans Beef Broth*
- * if too runny, can thicken with instant potatoes or corn meal
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 3 Cans beans, drained (kidney, black, etc -- whatever you favor)
- Salt to taste
- Brown ground beef and onions, add all ingredients into pot, boil and then bring to simmer.
- Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream and fresh bread.